Advanced Manufacturing Technology Program
What is the Advanced Manufacturing Technology program?
The purpose of this program is to provide specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in a variety of jobs in the advanced manufacturing field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper safety procedures in the shop.
- Demonstrate ability to set-up and operate machines such as lathes, grinders, drill presses and milling machines.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of basic operation of CNC machines.
- Demonstrate ability to finish machining parts to specified dimensions.
- Demonstrate ability to make computations for dimensions and cutting feeds and speeds.
- Demonstrate ability to use precision measuring instruments and laying out parts.