Military Benefits

NLTCC proudly serves our active duty and veteran military students as they pursue a college education. Military veteran may be eligible for education benefits. If you have any questions or concerns regarding how to utilize any of these benefits at NLTCC, please call or email your campus’ financial aid officer who also serves as your School Certifying Official. For more specific details about your education benefits, please contact: VA Regional Office, Muskogee, Oklahoma at 888-442-4551.

  • Chapter 30- Montgomery GI Bill®
  • Chapter 31- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
  • Chapter 33- Post 9/11 GI Bill®
  • Chapter 35- Survivor and Dependent Assistance
  • 1606- Reserve Education Assistance Program
  • 1607- Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP)
  • Military Tuition Assistance (Active Duty TA)
  • Louisiana National Guard Tuition Waiver
  • LA Dept. Veterans Affairs Title 29 Tuition and Fee Exemption
  1. Apply for your GI Bill® Benefits by completing the Application for VA Education Benefits
    • For questions about your application or benefits, contact the following:
      GI Bill® Information: 1-888-442-4551 Muskogee Regional Office
  2. Fill out an admissions application online at the and then, check with Student Services at the campus that you are planning to attend to see if your application for admissions is complete.
  3. Apply for financial aid at . Title IV Funds and the GI Bill® can be used simultaneously. Contact your campus’ financial aid officer with questions about the application process.
  4. All GI Bill® students are required to have a military transcript and college transcripts sent to the campus’ financial aid officer who also serves as school certifying official at the campus that you are planning to attend.

If applicable military requests should be made to:

Once you have your eligibility letter and required transcripts (if applicable), please visit the Campus Financial Aid Office who also serves as school certifying official for a Enrollment Certification Form prior to meeting with Student Services or Instructor for registration.

Select classes with the student services representative or instructor and the instructor will fill in your selected classes on the Enrollment Certification Form. Please return the enrollment certification form along with your Banner concise student schedule your campus financial aid officer who also serves as school certifying official for certifying. All Post 9/11 students require a Letter of Eligibility.

  • Post 9/11 Students: Classes cannot be certified with the VA unless a Letter of Eligibility is received from the student.
  • All Chapter 31 Students need a Form1905 from their counselor at Vocational Rehabilitation Center in order for them to receive their book voucher from the business office. Counselors can email the forms to the campus financial aid officers.
  • New at NLTCC? Complete Form 22-1995 on the site to change your parent school and program of study For Chapter 35 dependents: Form 22-5495
  • LA National Guard: Please contact Sgt. Acker at 504-278-8273 to ensure you are on the State Tuition Waiver list.
  • Private Scholarships?  Please inform your campus financial aid officer.
  • Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607 Students: Verify your enrollment on the last day of every month enrolled at or call 877-823-2378 in order to receive funds from the VA for the prior month.

Please note:  It is the student’s responsibility to let the campus’ school certifying official know if you drop or add a class to your existing schedule or you are dropped and the instructor allows you back in the class.  This could affect your benefits and could cause a debt to the VA and/or NLTCC.