What is the HVAC Technician program?
The purpose of this program is to provide specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in a variety of jobs in the field of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration. The HVAC Technician program prepares individuals to install, diagnose, repair, and maintain the operating condition of domestic, residential, and commercial heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- To provide the student with a training program that includes adequate instruction, tools, equipment, and facilities necessary to train the student in servicing and maintaining domestic and/or residential air conditioning and refrigeration units.
- To provide local industry with qualified maintenance and service personnel.
- To provide opportunities for students and industry personnel to receive environmentally safe certification through on-site testing.
- Technical Diploma (TD)
- Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS)
- Admissions Application (submitted online)
- Official transcripts from accredited high school or HISET/GED and colleges/universities, if applicable
- Proof of immunization or signed waiver
- Proof of Selective Service if required
- Driver's License or photo ID
- If applicable, ACCUPLACER test prior to enrollment or ACT scores accepted
- Admission to various programs may require additional documentation and/or requirements
- FAFSA to apply for financial aid
- WIOA (Workforce Investment Opportunity Act)
- VA (Veteran’s Assistance)
- TOPS (Taylor Opportunity Program for Students)
- GO GRANT