What is the Automotive Technology program?
The purpose of this program is to provide specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare individuals to engage in servicing and maintenance of all types of automobiles at the entry level. The competencies in the automotive technology training program directly correlate with the knowledge required for the certification test given by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper safety procedures in the shop.
- Demonstrate ability to set-up, operate and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of diagnosis of malfunctions of engines, fuel, electrical, cooling, and brake systems, drive train, and suspension systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to repair malfunctions of engines, fuel, electrical, cooling, and brake systems, drive train, and suspension systems.
- Demonstrate ability to use diagnostic equipment and interpret codes.
- Demonstrate ability to provide quality customer service to patrons.