What is the Barber-Styling program?
This program is designed to prepare students to work efficiently in the industry of Barber-Styling. This competency-based program includes classroom instruction and practical/lab experience under supervision of the instructor. Practical skills are developed through experience in a school-based, on-site shop which is equipped and managed according to industry standards by the students with instructor supervision. Upon completion, students are eligible to take the LA State Board of Barber Examiners licensure examination.
- Technical Diploma (TD)
Available degrees and certificates may vary at each campus. Check with your local campus for more information.
- Admissions Application (submitted online)
- Proof of immunization or signed waiver
- Proof of Selective Service if required
- Driver's License or photo ID
- ACCUPLACER test prior to enrollment or ACT scores accepted
- Official transcripts from accredited high school or HISET/GED and colleges/universities, if applicable
- Admission to various programs may require additional documentation
- Federal Pell Grant, apply electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- WIOA (Workforce Investment Opportunity Act)
- VA (Veteran’s Assistance)
- TOPS (Taylor Opportunity Program for Students)
- GO GRANT