What is the Barber-Styling program?
This program is designed to prepare students to work efficiently in the industry of Barber-Styling. This competency-based program includes classroom instruction and practical/lab experience under supervision of the instructor. Practical skills are developed through experience in a school-based, on-site shop which is equipped and managed according to industry standards by the students with instructor supervision. Upon completion, students are eligible to take the LA State Board of Barber Examiners licensure examination.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the head, neck, and other areas.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper safety procedures in the barber shop.
- Demonstrate knowledge of infection control, decontamination and sanitation of tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of shaving, hair cutting, styling, coloring, permanent waving and relaxing techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to provide quality customer service to patrons.
- Demonstrate shop management skills.
- Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS)
- Technical Diploma (TD)
- Admissions Application (submitted online)
- Official transcripts from accredited high school or HISET/GED and colleges/universities, if applicable
- Proof of immunization or signed waiver
- Proof of Selective Service if required
- Driver's License or photo ID
- If applicable, ACCUPLACER test prior to enrollment or ACT scores accepted
- Admission to various programs may require additional documentation and/or requirements
- FAFSA to apply for financial aid
- WIOA (Workforce Investment Opportunity Act)
- VA (Veteran’s Assistance)
- TOPS (Taylor Opportunity Program for Students)
- GO GRANT