Electrician- Industrial Electrician
What is the Electrician- Industrial Electrician program?
The purpose of this program is to prepare individuals to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical devices, components, and equipment. Graduates may find employment in industrial, residential, and commercial electrical professions.
- Provide a basic core of specialized instruction.
- Provide practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in the electrical trades.
- Provide training on how to install, troubleshoot, and repair wiring, electrical equipment, and other electrical devices such as motors, transformers, control systems, instruments, PCL’s and lighting systems.
- Emphasize safe and efficient work practices and basic occupational skills.
- Provide training for codes and standards, blueprint reading, wiring diagrams, and installations which are appropriate to the area.
- Secure and maintain gainful employment as a job entry-level electrical assistant.