Electrician - Industrial Electrician
What is the Electrician - Industrial Electrician program?
The purpose of this training program is to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and hands-on training needed to begin a rewarding career in the electrical profession. The program teaches students how to install, maintain, and repair electrical systems in residential and commercial applications.
- Provide a basic core of specialized instruction.
- Provide practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in the electrical trades.
- Provide training on how to install, troubleshoot, and repair wiring, electrical equipment, and other electrical devices such as motors, transformers, control systems, instruments, PCL’s and lighting systems.
- Emphasize safe and efficient work practices and basic occupational skills.
- Provide training for codes and standards, blueprint reading, wiring diagrams, and installations which are appropriate to the area.
- Secure and maintain gainful employment as a job entry-level electrical assistant.