What is the Welding program?
The purpose of this program is to provide specialized instruction in various welding processes and techniques including oxyfuel cutting, carbon arc cutting, shielded metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding (TIG welding), flux-cored arc welding, gas metal arc welding (MIG welding), pipe welding, plasma arc cutting, oil and gas welding, blueprint reading, high heat control, weld symbols, and joints.
- Technical Diploma (TD)
- Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS)
- Technical Competency Area (TCA)
Available degrees and certificates may vary at each campus. Check with your local campus for more information.
- Admissions Application (submitted online)
- Proof of immunization or signed waiver
- Proof of Selective Service if required
- Driver's License or photo ID
- ACCUPLACER test prior to enrollment or ACT scores accepted
- Official transcripts from accredited high school or HISET/GED and colleges/universities, if applicable
- Admission to various programs may require additional documentation
- Federal Pell Grant, apply electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- WIOA (Workforce Investment Opportunity Act)
- VA (Veteran’s Assistance)
- TOPS (Taylor Opportunity Program for Students)
- GO GRANT