Advanced Manufacturing Technology
What is the Advanced Manufacturing Technology program?
The purpose of this program is to provide specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in a variety of jobs in the advanced manufacturing field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper safety procedures in the shop.
- Demonstrate ability to set-up and operate machines such as lathes, grinders, drill presses and milling machines.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of basic operation of CNC machines.
- Demonstrate ability to finish machining parts to specified dimensions.
- Demonstrate ability to make computations for dimensions and cutting feeds and speeds.
- Demonstrate ability to use precision measuring instruments and laying out parts.
- Technical Diploma (TD)
- Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS)
- Admissions Application (submitted online)
- Official transcripts from accredited high school or HISET/GED and colleges/universities, if applicable
- Proof of immunization or signed waiver
- Proof of Selective Service if required
- Driver's License or photo ID
- If applicable, ACCUPLACER test prior to enrollment or ACT scores accepted
- Admission to various programs may require additional documentation and/or requirements
- FAFSA to apply for financial aid
- WIOA (Workforce Investment Opportunity Act)
- VA (Veteran’s Assistance)
- TOPS (Taylor Opportunity Program for Students)
- GO GRANT