Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
What is the Diesel Powered Equipment Technology program?
The purpose of this program is to provide specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare individuals for employment as job entry-level diesel powered equipment technicians. The program prepares the individual to select, safely use, and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment. The content includes, but is not limited to, disassembling engines and replacing parts, fuel injection systems, oil and water pumps, electrical systems, steering and suspension systems, brake systems, drive train, and chassis.
- Select, safely use, and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment.
- Disassemble and replace parts, fuel injection systems, oil and water pumps, electrical systems, steering and suspension systems, brake systems, drive train, and chassis.
- Use technical manuals.
- Use preventive maintenance procedures.
- Use safe and efficient work practices.
- Secure and maintain gainful employment as a job entry-level diesel powered equipment technicians.
- Follow recipes by comprehending recipe components, using standard measures, and basic culinary techniques precisely, using “mise en place,” and complete preparation activities using recipes in menu making.
- Technical Diploma (TD)
- Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS)
- Admissions Application (submitted online)
- Official transcripts from accredited high school or HISET/GED and colleges/universities, if applicable
- Proof of immunization or signed waiver
- Proof of Selective Service if required
- Driver's License or photo ID
- If applicable, ACCUPLACER test prior to enrollment or ACT scores accepted
- Admission to various programs may require additional documentation and/or requirements
- FAFSA to apply for financial aid
- WIOA (Workforce Investment Opportunity Act)
- VA (Veteran’s Assistance)
- TOPS (Taylor Opportunity Program for Students)
- GO GRANT