Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
What is the Diesel Powered Equipment Technology program?
The purpose of this program is to provide specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare individuals for employment as job entry-level diesel powered equipment technicians. The program prepares the individual to select, safely use, and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment. The content includes, but is not limited to, disassembling engines and replacing parts, fuel injection systems, oil and water pumps, electrical systems, steering and suspension systems, brake systems, drive train, and chassis.
- Technical Diploma (TD)
- Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS)
- Technical Competency Area (TCA)
Available degrees and certificates may vary at each campus. Check with your local campus for more information.
- Admissions Application (submitted online)
- Proof of immunization or signed waiver
- Proof of Selective Service if required
- Driver's License or photo ID
- ACCUPLACER test prior to enrollment or ACT scores accepted
- Official transcripts from accredited high school or HISET/GED and colleges/universities, if applicable
- Admission to various programs may require additional documentation
- Federal Pell Grant, apply electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- WIOA (Workforce Investment Opportunity Act)
- VA (Veteran’s Assistance)
- TOPS (Taylor Opportunity Program for Students)
- GO GRANT