What is the Information Technology program?
Want to work with computers and information systems? Earn a degree or certification in information technology at Northwest Louisiana Technical College in Shreveport. The Information Technology Program separates basic core courses and specialty networking courses into two areas. The basic core courses prepare you to troubleshoot, repair and maintain computer systems and basic local area network problems. You’ll also learn to operate a computer using current system software and use current application software for manipulating spreadsheets, databases and word processing documents.
- Technical Diploma (TD)
- Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS)
- Technical Competency Area (TCA)
Available degrees and certificates may vary at each campus. Check with your local campus for more information.
- Admissions Application (submitted online)
- Proof of immunization or signed waiver
- Proof of Selective Service if required
- Driver's License or photo ID
- ACCUPLACER test prior to enrollment or ACT scores accepted
- Official transcripts from accredited high school or HISET/GED and colleges/universities, if applicable
- Admission to various programs may require additional documentation
- Federal Pell Grant, apply electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- WIOA (Workforce Investment Opportunity Act)
- VA (Veteran’s Assistance)
- TOPS (Taylor Opportunity Program for Students)
- GO GRANT